- Fantastic turnout in Manchester. The police guessed about a thousand people.
- Tina Louise from Nanas Against Fracking told of the fantastic victory they have had in getting Fylde Borough Council to oppose fracking by Cuadrilla Resources at two sites.
- Natalie Bennett, Leader of the Green Party in England and Wales spoke of the need for a new Green economy
- John McDonnell, Chair of the Socialist Campaign Group said the energy industry was lobbying hard at the conference, wining and dinning the delegates. “Never has so much beer and wine been consumed in such a bad cause”
- 83 year old Anne Power, veteran of the Barton Moss protests and winner of the Observer Ethical Awards Local Hero Award said “If I can do it, anyone can”
Ian Hodson, President of the Bakers, Food and Allied Workers Union, the first union to oppsoe fracking, called for One Million Climate jobs.
- We had a very moving message from Jenny Lysak in Pennsylvania on the dangers of fracking
- Ed Milliband was there! He was sat in his car on the edge of the security zone watching us.
Sep 21 2014